Friday, September 4, 2009

Diaper Bags

I have made a couple diaper bags for friends as gifts. I used the two diaper bag patterns from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. I made The Everything Bag and the Modern Diaper Bag.

The Everything Bag was a nightmare to put together at the end. Sewing the lining to the outside of the bag was really difficult due to the divider in it. I did, however find a website with a tutorial for an extremely similar bag where they hand stitch the divider in at the end. I am thinking this is a better option. But I am still not sold on this diaper bag. It doesn't close and you can't wear it over your shoulder.

The Modern Diaper Bag was HUGE! I am not just talking a little on the large size. I made it for a friend who is maybe a size zero. She is tiny. The poor bag will probably knock her over. :( I absolutely love the look of the bag, though. I did find two blogs where they made the bag smaller. I was considering this option, but not sure how it would turn out. Here is the first one and here is the second one.

The other option I have is to make up my own bag. I am not that creative when it comes to sewing. I can come up with great fabrics but I am not good at coming up with ideas for changing the patterns or even creating my own designs. I am sure I could do it if I tried, but I am too lazy? So I have been looking around the internet for inspiration. I have fabric already picked out. What should I do???????


The darker fabric is for the main part of the bag. The lighter fabric would be for lining and trim. I can also get more coordinating fabric if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin