Sunday, June 17, 2007

Laura's progress (if you could call it that)

I have been walking 4.5 miles 5 to 6 days per week at a good pace. I went to the Naturopath on Monday. She suggested eating for my blood type. No tomatoes, avocado, chicken, wheat unless sprouted. There are more things as well, but I won't list them. I should eat lamb, rabbit, and venison as meats. Lots of fish too, but no shellfish. I can eat lots of low fat dairy, veggies and fruits. The grains aren't too bad, just no wheat. But I have discovered spelt. It is an ancient ancestor to wheat. It has a nutty flavor and isn't bad. I made pancakes with spelt flour this morning. We used pure maple syrup since that is okay. It wasn't bad. I think it will take a little time to get used to it, but it can be used in place of wheat flour in most recipes. Unfortunately, the waking just doesn't seem to be making me lose weight. Maybe the change in diet will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin