Monday, January 24, 2011

Thankful.

We are all sick.  Well, everyone except Ashley so far.  This bug is a doozy!  Poor little Drew got it the worst.  Jeff and I were so worried about him.  He didn't even have the energy to whine for two days.  He was losing weight.  He barely kept any liquids (let alone solids) for four days.  Thursday night we decided that if he wasn't showing signs of improvement in the morning we would take him in.  Friday morning he woke up hungry!  That was an improvement.  We had to give him tiny little sips of water every 10-15 minutes for most of the day to help him get a little more hydrated.  He actually cried and whined (normally this would not be appreciated).  He doesn't have his old appetite back, but he's working on it.  I am so grateful that he is recovering.


Natalie was also very sick.  I walked in to the house on Wednesday afternoon and could tell just by looking at her that she had a fever.  Jeff said she hadn't moved from the chair since I left 6 hours earlier.  That is extremely unusual for her!  That night I noticed hives on her wrist from across the room.  I decided to investigate.  I found hives all over her back.  They continued to spread.  Her eye was even affected- swollen so much she couldn't really see out of it.  It was heartbreaking.  Her fever broke a little bit later and the hives began to die down.  The next day she was almost completely her normal self.

On Monday evening Ashley crashed her bike and sprained her thumb, injuring her wrist as well.  On Tuesday it was worse.  She had scrapes on the back of her hand, but we hadn't noticed the thumb and wrist the evening before.  We headed out to Herbally Grounded to get some herbs for a poultice.  She was eager to try it out.  She slept with it on her hand/wrist that night.  When she woke up in the morning the bruises were gone, the swelling was hardly noticeable and range of motion for her thumb was much better.  We did a poultice the following night.  On Wednesday morning she was practically good as new!

I am so grateful that God gave us things on this earth to help us, heal us.  I am thankful that I am able to learn about them.  I am grateful for so many others who are willing to share their knowledge!

Jeff and I got sick later in the week.  On Saturday Alona started showing symptoms as well.  We are dosing ourselves with Infection Fighter (a tincture).  I feel that it is helping and hopefully it will shorten the length of this.  Hopefully we will all be back to normal very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin