Monday, July 26, 2010

My Grandmother

This is my grandmother.  She served in the Women's Army Corps back in WWII.  She was a young girl during the Great Depression.  She worked hard to raise her children.  She was a loving mother to two children.  She has eleven grandchildren. 
As a teen, I spent some time visiting with her several summers.  I really enjoyed getting to know her and hearing the stories she would tell.  She told me stories about my father as a young boy.  She told stories of her time in the WAC and the experiences she had in Germany in a post-war era.  She once told me how, as a young girl, she had two outfits.  One was for everyday use and the other was for church.  (No stories about walking two miles uphill in the snow or anything like that!)  She was full of energy and spunk. 
I am grateful for the upbringing she provided my father.  She raised him to be a wonderful man.  I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a beautiful, loving, faithful grandmother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin