Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Fun Summer (haha)

On Monday I decided we should pick some strawberries at Thistledown. The girls were all excited. We got there and picked for about 5 minutes. Ashley ate 1 or 2 strawberries, Alona ate about 5, and Natalie had 8. Then they were done. Another little girl had come to pick strawberries with her mother, but instead they all just wanted to play. So I picked strawberries by myself. Then we headed back to the barn(store) to find some more goodies. They had cherries that were so juicy. The girls tried one each (even Ashley). Needless to say, we bought some. Jeff, Alona, and Natalie sat outside and ate about 2/3 of them after he got home from work. We also got 4 peaches! They have the BEST peaches there. Alona ate one today. It was so juicy and smelled so sweet! We got a watermelon as well. I spent the afternoon making pie crusts.
Last night I tied Ashley's quilt. I needed to get it done as it takes up the entire dining room and blocked off the laundry room. Now I get to do lots of laundry! I will probably set up Alona's quilt on the frame Wednesday evening.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays there are 2 free movies at Regal Cinema. We usually go to at least one. Today we watched the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (Veggie Tales). It was cute. Then we headed to the store to buy corn starch to make the pies. Today I made 2 strawberry pies and plan to make a small batch of jam as well.

This was my first time making a pie crust as well as this strawberry pie. It is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin