Monday, January 12, 2009

SAD

So, out here in the Pacific Northwest we get a lot of rain. And it goes on and on and on. For about 9 months of the year. It starts in October (November if we are really lucky) and ends sometime in June. The days stay cloudy and gloomy. It is like living in grey! Yuck! Yeah, sure. Its green alright! The grass stays green. All the evergreens stay green. Who cares. I would rather have dry dead grass if it came with sunshine! Of course, I get SAD (seasonal affective disorder) which pretty much equates to depression. It is pretty bad. If the sun is out I am in a great mood. But the second the sky is grey, I am like a different person. I don't want to get out of bed. I have no energy. I can't even bring myself to get out to do grocery shopping. The other day, I got the kids in the car and drove to the store. As we pulled in the parking lot, it started raining (the sun was peeking through the clouds at my house when we left). I kept right on driving out of the parking lot and came home. I was very discouraged and never wanted to leave the house again. Of course, I have left the house since then. I just don't want to most of the time.
Anyway, I will continue to endure the horrible State of Oregon for as long as Jeff has good employment here. I will try to make the best of it. But it does get difficult at times. At least today was decent. The sun shone this afternoon and it was in the 50s. It was a nice change. I look forward to Florida on Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Cheer Up Girlfriend! I know it can seem that bad, but it rains in Florida too, every place has it's good and bad. We just have to wait longer for our good here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm here for you! We'll bottle up some sunshine and try to ignore the rain and fog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I remember you saying you had SAD back when you were watchin Lys. I'm sorry bud that is not a nice feeling. I was in Sacramento yesterday just for a minute and I couldn't believe how wonderful the sun felt on my face as soon as I stepped outside the airport. I told Ry I just wanted to hang out on the sidewalk and soak in the rays just because it felt so great. I feel ya on this one and I kinda feel that way too right now but more because I'm pregnant and soooo tired at times. Today I had to drag my booty to the groc. store too and the other day it was pouring and I did drive into the Costco parking lot and right back out cuz I just really didn't want to deal with it at that moment.

    ReplyDelete

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin