Monday, February 2, 2009

My Experience with Barbie Dolls

I am not opposed to Barbie dolls. I loved them when I was a kid. My mom didn't allow us to have them because she said they made you grow up to be vain and only think about your appearance. I still wanted to play with them. It was great fun to go and play with them at friend's homes. My little sister Anna had a bunch of Barbie dolls. Funny how things change for younger siblings. Someone gave all of their old ones to her, so my mom allowed it.
My kids had so many Barbies that it took over our house. They only played with them once in a while. The little accessories ended up everywhere. It was so difficult for them to clean their room with so many little things all over. They really wanted some Fisher Price Snap 'N Style dolls. So I made a deal with them. If they got rid of some of their toys that they could keep put away, they would get some for Christmas. They took me up on that on. We sold over 40 Barbies on craigslist in early December. We also got rid of the Polly Pocket toys, Rainbow Brite dolls, and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. We kept the Littlest Pet Shop toys. They love the new dolls they got for Christmas. And I get the joy of not finding little Barbie accessories all over the house. It is nice to have less toys for them to keep track of and makes cleaning their room so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin