Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade OREOs

These cookies have been a favorite of ours since my friend Heidi introduced us to them almost 4 years ago.





For the cookies:
1 box devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together.


Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet. I used the small Pampered Chef scoop just barely overfilled to portion the dough.

Bake for 10 minutes (the tops will crack). I usually get between 30 and 34 cookies (but you will end up with half that when you put them together).

I flatten the cookies just a little with my spatula.



Cool completely.

For the filling:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat. It is best to refrigerate the filling so it won't be soft, but you can also refrigerate the cookies after putting them together to let the filling set up.



Take two cookies and frost the wrong side of one with filling. Sandwich the two together and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Those look so amazingly delicious! I am definitely going to try making them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been looking for this recipe for a while - my cousin gave it to me and then I lost it... now I can make yummy yummy cookies again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin