Monday, October 20, 2008

Sprains, food poisoning, and colds!

Last week was a nightmare! It started off with my cold. It was now the second week of my cold. It was getting better, but now I was coughing like crazy. Tuesday, the 14th was my Mom's birthday. I went on a field trip with Ashley's class. We had a good time. I got back around 12:30 and went to pick up Alona and Natalie. My friend made a pork chop for me. I haven't had pork in at least 2 1/2 years. That night, I started feeling sick. I woke up in the middle of the night with food poisoning! It was awful. I lost 8 lbs on Wednesday. Thursday I was feeling better, but still weak from dehydration and lack of food. Ashley came home from school that day with tears in her eyes. She had twisted her ankle at recess. The teacher forgot to look at it when they got back to the classroom. I didn't think much of it since she had just walked home from the bus stop. But a little while later I looked over and could see how swollen it had become. I called her doctor and talked with them about it. Since we don't currently have insurance due to Jeff's contract position for 6 months, I didn't want to do an x-ray if it wasn't necessary. We decided to wrap it with an ace bandage, elevate it, and ice it. The nurse said it wouldn't make it worse if it was broken, but it probably wasn't broken from just twisting it. I talked to my brother Charles. He had just learned about sprains that day. We decided that it didn't really seam to be broken. She is doing much better now, but we have to keep her from trying to run and play too much!

On a positive note, I went to Portland Friday and Saturday for Time Out For Women with some friends! We had a great time. It was very motivational and uplifting. And it is always great to spend time with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have your positive comments! Thank you. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin